View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's FINAL Stupid Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I don't think it's a reaslistic draft. First off, Bruener retired. Just an FYI.

Secondly, I don't think the Texans are (nor should be) interested in trading Dunta, and if they are I don't think there is a team in the land that would give up 2 number two picks. Why would anyone do that? Makes no sense at all.

I don't like Ayers in the first simply because he is a clone of the man we just signed and gave big money too. Why would you draft a part time player with your first pick. That makes no sense to me. I want a starter.

I'm good with the #2's but it's just not going to happen that we have 3 #2's. That's fantasy GM land.

I don't care for the #3. Why would you think that Adibi would make a good sam? He isn't a SAM at all imo and I'm not sure why we wouldn't just draft a sam instead of moving a perfectly good will out of position so you can draft someone else. Makes not a lick of sense to me.

I don't think Andre will be there in rd 4. I think it's doubtful he is there in rd 3 - now if he is that's a great pick, but 95% chance he is gone.

Not wild about a DT in rd 4 either. I think we have enough at tackle and can go elsewhere. Unless one presents overwhelming value I'm not into drafting a tackle this year. I think there are far more pressing needs and doesn't make much sense.

The rest are kind of blah don't care one way or another. Not wild about the draft except the 2nd round, and in that case it's totally unrealistic unless your a Madden jockey. I'll give you an A for effort and thinking it thru, but a D for the rest.

Thanks for the comments P!
I disagree with you in numerous ways.
1) getting 2 seconds for DR is not a pipe dream. In fact a 2nd next year is usually thought of as a 3rd this year. DR is a pro bowl caliber CB. In fact just last year Deangelo Hall was traded for a 2nd and a future fifth. I think DR is better than him and worth a little more.

2) Ayers will probably not be there, but if he is it makes a lot of sense to get him. Like you said he is a similar to Smtih. By rotating them through it keeps both of them fresh. Plus, on obvious passing plays, we can move AS to DT and then have 4 pure passers going after the QB from the front 4. It makes too much sense to take Ayers.

3)I think Adibi would make a good SAM because I saw him play the positional well last year. I think it was the Jax game where he moved over to SAM and was a tackling machine. He had good lateral closing speed and did great. The problem was he was sick last year and playing undersized. Now after conditioning, eating right, and feeling healthy he can be a 240lb SAM. The other reason we do this is because there are no real SAMs in this draft outside of Curry. Any of the Mikes you convert would not be as good at SAM as Adibi. So I say slot Adibi into the SAM and draft a pure Will.

4) The DT is a huge pick IMO because he can stand tall and defend the run. A strong run DT can protect Demeco and can make him better. It also forces the 3rd and long positions. How many times have we seen our boys give up a 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2. A good run DT would stop so many from occurring and give our offense a chance to burn clock and wear out the opposing D.

5) With Bruener retiring it makes sense to get a guy just like him. I know you may not be too enthralled with the 5,6,7 rounds, but remember, its here wear you really get those pieces to get over the top.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote