Re: Beerlover Final Cut Mock Draft
stand pat or trade down I have to beleive based on team needs, off season aquistions & strength of this draft the Texans will allow Frank Bush the luxury of his top choice @ that position. He will be somebody who can impact this defense, add speed/toughness his resume suggests his knowledge concerning position unquestioned -
* 2009: Defensive coordinator, Houston Texans
* 2007-08: Senior Defensive Assistant, Houston Texans
* 2006: Asst. Head Coach/Linebackers, Arizona Cardinals
* 2004-05: Linebackers, Arizona Cardinals
* 2001-03: Special Teams, Denver Broncos
* 2000: Secondary/Nickel Package, Denver Broncos
* 1995-99: Linebackers, Denver Broncos
* 1992-94: Linebackers, Houston Oilers
* 1987-92: Scout, Houston Oilers
this is the primary reason I think Aaron Maybin is the choice. he would be to OLB what Mario is to DE. together they form a dynamic duo, both can move around stand up or inline.
If Maybin is off the board the Texans could trade down & take Matthews, later Sintim or English even a Connor Barwin is a possiblity. Also expect them to take another LB later, maybe more a coverage type like Marcus Freeman.