View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Cut Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Man, I'm so confused......sorry here we go
I agree with everything here except I think Maybin's mindset is DE based, not LB which is why Maybin would be such a huge project at OLB over a guy like Matthews or Barwin and much moreso than Okoye who is only a project because he's young not because he lacks skill sets for the time being.
his mindset? guess that would come out in the interview process. maybe my mindset is reading too much into what I see & what I think the Texans could see in his athletic ability & upside @ his natural OLB position.

Why can't 4-3 teams have some fun with speed/power rush from OLB position just like 3-4 teams? I'm sick & tired watching them have all the fun Why can't the Texans re-invent the 4-3 & make that the defense of choice? we already have invested in an elite DE with Mario, he's a game changer by himself. two more 1st rd. DT draft picks in TJ & Okoye now add LDE Antiono Smith. All the Texans lack is speed/power on the edges or coming on stunts inside who have natural rushing intincts. see no reason why 4-3 LB's can't impact the pass rush, flush the QB, tip more passes/intercept & create havoc just like 3-4 teams, maybe Frank Bush is just the guy to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlgGFWraKVg

Last edited by beerlover; 04-24-2009 at 02:52 AM. Reason: add some vid
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote