View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Cut Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Because the 3-4 teams are concerned....he cannot cover as a 3-4 LB. Our question with him is basically the same, will he ever be able to stand up ? The other issue with him, and it makes no sense......but they do it with every board every year....he is a Florida St. DE. that baggage cripples him in the eyes of the lame. we move down and Kollar likes the guy....I'd have no problem with the pick. anything that moves the sack total out of the mid twenties.....I'm enthusiastic about. Everette rotating with Antonio works for me. And if Maybin is his guy, I'm ok with that also....I just don't think his body will ever allow him to stand up is all. Same with Sittim. If he's their guy, fine. I gotta choice....I take English because he has better hips and has shown more of a probability that one day he could stand up with the big boys and cover a LB spot.

And that's the same reason that I prefer Mathews over Cushing. Mathews is the better athlete and has the hips of a safety. In my mind that is far more valuable in the long run than Cushing's college production. I mean Mathews can always become more productive. However.....you can't switch hips between the two. Either you have them or you don't. If Cushing is their guy....covers MLB and Sam....I'd have no problem with the pick. Mathews in my mind in the long run will be the better pro. He has the hips for it.

Mathews hips are so good.....he'd have no problem switching to a spare TE-H back in 2010. so good...if he was twenty pounds lighter...he'd be a pretty fair safety prospect. No matter who the guy is related to, I buy that any draft. Maybe a work out warrior in shorts....the tapes say he's not. Only thing the guy lacks is snaps. And every snap, he's only going to get better.
thats a really good post pete
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote