View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Cut Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I was not referring to Aaron Maybin. it was in reference to Everette Brown & why his stock is falling as question was posed by Maddict5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the second article, the one about Maybin. That's what I'm referring to because that's your pick at 15
Since then, the biggest questions have focused on Maybin's weight. At 6 feet 4, he played at 230 pounds in college and put on 20 pounds for the February combine. He has held around the 250 mark through his pro day and subsequent workouts and is considered a hybrid linebacker-defensive end.

Projected as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, Maybin believes he can play defensive end in a 4-3 defense or standing up in a 3-4.
A guy who is starting to look maxed out, cartoon-ish bubbly muscles style, at 250 is not big enough IMO to play 43 DE. Clearly a speed rusher, I wonder how well he holds the run and how well he tackles since that will be at least half of his job if not more. At LB I think he'd be a monster though the nuance of the position would have to be drilled into him. Coverage might be tough but he's got sideline to sideline speed and he seems pretty smart so I think he could do it. His position on the field is in question much like Matthews, though I think Matthews tends to lean more towards LB where Maybin leans toward DE.

My comparison is VGholston. Lots of hype, lots of muscles, little game.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote