View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's FINAL Stupid Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
While I'm not against trading Dunta on draft day, I would want all our draft picks up front, not future ones. Dunta leaving is going to leave a hole in our defense, one which will have to be addressed in the draft with more than just one pick. 'Cause if that one pick doesn't pan out or gets injured, we're screwed again at the CB position.
Yeah, here is the thing though. This draft class is weak. Next year's is strong. I would love to get an extra second in next year's class. Good teams like Evil England make trades that allow them extra picks down the line. They pick smart and get extra picks in subsequent years. Thats what we need to begin to do too. We need to stop trading picks away and start accumulating them.

I have enough faith in Reeves, Moulden, Bennet, and Smith to hold it down. In fact, I am actually pretty high on Smith. He has great hands, good speed, can jump high to deal with tall WRs, and will come up and support the run. In my mind, he can be a starter for this team.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote