Thread: Vernand Morency
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005   #27
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
" The more efficient the running game is, the better the pass protection becomes, because the defense can't tee off on Carr.
That's one reason the Texans drafted Oklahoma State running back Vernand Morency. He's tough, strong and durable. He also has quick feet. Several teams have predicted that he'll be the Texans' most surprising rookie and perhaps one of the NFL's biggest surprises."
I dunno.. sounds like McClain has already given Morency DD's job as RB starter.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3161345
Doesn't really sound that way to me. Just sounds like he thinks we may have got a good one. I see the deal as DD is the guy and gets most of the touches for the first 4-5 games. After that Morency get 8-15 touches a game. Keeps DD fresher and hopefully not hurt. The end result is then a more effective running game. One thing to keep in mind is that DD is a real good pass catcher and blitz pick up guy, and we don't know about Morency yet.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote