View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mock Draft with a few twists...

Quote:
3rd Round
77. Pat White - QB, West Virginia
-This one is also a doozie. I know Kubiak is usually opposed to having three quarterbacks on the active roster, but White is not just a quarterback. He could be a major weapon in trick plays as a receiver, or utilized in the Wildcat formation. (Kyle Shanahan would love it!) Plus it wouldn't be hard to convince Bob McNair about how the entire state of West Virginia would be Texans fans with Slaton AND White on the roster. ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
I guess it would depend on how much control little Shanny had with the offense. I think he's being given a chance to drive the car......not take it to the strip and rev up the engine. I believe Shanahand calling the plays gives Kubiak the oprotunity to improve on other things....like clock management.

We ran one wild cat last year....one. Now you could argue that with Pat White they could run it more. I find this pick highly unlikely. Third round could bring you a future starter, if not a major contributor for 2009.

Ya know you would think that a guy with the athletic numbers Micheal Johnson has, he would dominate some where in his college career. I mean a couple of years ago we watched Gain Adams totally take over a game and single handedly block a field goal. Recover the block. Run it in for a touch down, and win a game. No where in Johnson's' senior year was there a game like this. You have nothing to hang your hat on. Nothing. He dogs plays....he takes him self out of games when he comes close to making a play.

No doubt he passes the eye ball test...if you were going to draw the DE opposite Mario up he's what the picture would look like. What have they said over and over and over again this off season....they are not moving Mario. that means at 256 Johnson is too light to play power ball with the right tackles in our division. Go back to the tape.....either he was dogging it saving himself for the NFL...Or....the guy has absolutely no heart. And believing this guy will be a gym rat and get his upper body strength up to make him functional opposite Mario....you can't say that judging by the game tapes.

After the rookie check clears...that's the last time you will see the guy. Someone will fall on love with him no doubt. Difference between Jaron Gilbert and Johnson is with Gilbert he gives an effort, but he doesn't know what he's doing yet. With Johnson.....what I read in his performance...he knows how to do it, but he just doesn't give a damn. Spend a day one pick on that you get what you deserve.

If you're going to throw away a day one pick....rather package the one and two, move up and take someone who has a proven track record on tape.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-21-2009 at 08:49 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote