View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Killer Bee's Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Compiling my first mock at 4 in the morning with beer bottles scattered throughout the kitchen wasn’t the wisest idea. So here my sober revisionist mock. Hopefully it does a better job at appealing to the masses. I wanted my mock to be unique and as an unintended result some of the pass rushers fall.

1. Detroit – Matthew Stafford
I really wanted the safer pick of Jason Smith here due to the track record of junior QBs. With a 0-16 season what do you have to lose? “$money$” Stafford backs up Culpepper for half the season.

2. St. Louis – Jason Smith
Standard pick, Smith replace Orlando Pace.

3. Kansas City – Eugene Monroe
Monroe is reunited with Brandon Albert to protect the Franchise QB. In my humble opinion, Aaron Curry isn’t worth #3 overall money in a 3-4 defense.

4. Seattle – Mark Sanchez
Mark will learn from the injury plagued Hasselbeck. Curry should be the pick but Seattle has a lot of money already invested in LBs.

5. Cleveland – Michael Crabtree
With a possible Edwards’ trade and Stallworth facing a prison sentence, the Browns select the biggest playmaker in the draft.

6. Cincinnati – Aaron Curry
If Curry is selected at 3, then Monroe will fall here. Luckily the Bengals land a top ten value pick. Two LBs selected in the first round in consecutive years.

7. Oakland – Andre Smith
No playmaker for Al here. Sugar tits protects Russell and paves the way for McFadden.

8. Jacksonville – Jeremy Maclin
The Jags could use an OT but the best are off the board. Maclin bolsters the depleted WR roster and adds return ability. Raji is another possibility if Tory Holt is picked up via free agency.

9. Green Bay – B.J. Raji
Caper defense lands the vital 3-4 nose tackle.

10. San Francisco – Brian Orakpo
The top pass rusher falls all the way to Samurai Mikes defense. I personally like him better as a 4-3 DE.

11. Buffalo – Robert Ayers
The Bills select the best pure 4-3 DE. They look to fill the void of Peters at LT later.

12. Denver – Tyson Jackson
Denver has lots of holes to fill in its defensive conversion. Jackson will play the 5 technique.

13. Washington – Malcolm Jenkins
Dan Snyder takes the best corner in the draft to replace Shawn Springs. Aaron Maybin and Everette Brown are also in strong consideration.

14. New Orleans – Chris Wells
Saints ignore defensive needs in the first round and add a physical dimension to their prolific offence.

15. Houston – Clay Matthews
Wish I was creative enough to make an original pick. I fear change.

16. San Diego – Michael Oher
The Chargers just missed out on a tackle last year. They fill their quota this year.

17. New York – Knowshon Moreno
Rex Ryan doesn’t have a talented QB so he’ll run the ball. Josh Freeman doesn’t belong in the first.

18. Denver – Rey Maualuga
Rey will be a thumper in the run game, something Denver lacked last year.

19. Tampa Bay – Everette Brown
The Buccaneers get a great value pick with Brown who will be tag-teamed with Gaines Adams.

20. Detroit – Eben Britton
Tackle is a premium position in this league and the Lions select the best of the second tier of tackles.

21. Philadelphia – Brandon Pettigrew
Eagles could select any number of offensive skill positions. They take the best of both worlds with Pettigrew’s blocking and pass catching ability.

22. Minnesota – Darius Butler
Difficult pick for the Vikings. Sydney Rice hasn’t produced and Rosencopter could use a TE threat like Jared Cook. Offensive tackle and the vacancy left by Matt Burke at center all need attention but above prevailing wisdom they go DB instead.

23. New England – Aaron Maybin
Maybin should’ve stayed in school one more year, but his elite first step keeps him from sliding farther. Alphonso Smith along with his football instincts will probably be the pick at #34.

24. Atlanta – Peria Jerry
The Falcons tune-up their d-line with an explosive DT.

25. Miami – James Laurinaitis
Cornerback is a strong possibility but the former Buckeye has Parcells written all over him. He has the best production of all the LBs in this draft.

26. Baltimore – Darrius Heyward-Bey
Flacco’s arm + Heyward-Bey’s speed = Touchdown

27. Indianapolis – Evander Hood
The Colts add one more ultra quick d-lineman to terrorize the AFC South.

28. Buffalo – William Beatty
Tackles always go quick and the Bills have to fill Jason Peter’s shoes.

29. New York – Brian Cushing
The Giants look to WR in another round. Cushing goes back home to New Jersey.

30. Tennessee – Percy Harvin
The Titans love head cases. Enter Percy Harvin.

31. Arizona – Donald Brown
The Connecticut RB helps corral the pass happy Cardinals.

32. Pittsburgh – Eric Wood
The Steelers need offensive line help and Wood is the mauler they covet.
this version is very good
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote