View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: My last pre-draft Texans mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post

2. William Moore-SS/FS, 6'00" and 221 lbs. runs 4.49, I think Patrick Chung will be gone and Kubiak likes players that can play more than one position and Moore can handle both Safety positions and also adds some size and toughness to our secondary as well as some possible play making ability. Second choice is Andy Levitre-OG, best OG available for our system.
OK, let me hear your opinions....
For years, people have been eyeballing safeties for this team. Kubiak & Smith have added/subtracted quite a few. Personally, I've been happy with what we've had at either safety position, because I just don't see anything worth getting.

Laron Landry was the only safety we've "could've" got, that I thought would be worth it.

I want a hitter, someone who can instinctively play the Quarterback, and someone with the speed to cause QBs to worry, even if he's 10 yards off the LOS.

In short, I don't think our safeties today, are any better than the CC Brown/Glenn Earl Tandem we had 4 years ago. & I don't see William Moore improving this team enough to warrant a 2nd Round pick.

IMHO, if we get a CB in the first, we need the best LB/DT on the board. If we get a LB in the first, then we need the best CB/DT on the board.