View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009   #13
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mock Draft with a few twists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
The Pat White pick baffles me. While his pro and combine days weren't too shabby I'm just not sure he projects the NFL as a QB and then he would have to spend time learning a new position. Not big on the selection at all.
I've mentioned it plenty of times already, but you're supposed to take this mock draft with a grain of salt. I just put a new spin on something even if it is not as believable, I just didn't want to beat a dead horse with the likes of Cushing or Matthews always being mentioned.

On the subject of Pat White, I feel like he can be a NFL quarterback. He is not just a mobile quarterback, he proved he can make all the throws, and he has enough arm strength. (He is accurate too) The only drawback I see on White is his size, but he is pretty much the exact same size as Drew Brees, and you don't see people telling him that he is too short to play quarterback.

If Pat White goes to the right offense he can flourish as a quarterback, and shock all the doubters.

Here's how I'd rank the Top 5 quarterbacks in this draft... (Just my opinion)

1. Mark Sanchez, USC
2. Matt Stafford, Georgia
3. Pat White, West Virginia
4. Josh Freeman, Kansas State
5. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote