Thread: Vernand Morency
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005   #25
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I really don't think he was disrespecting DD. I think it's coming more from the fact that he hasn't seen the talent he's going to be playing against up close and personal yet. It's one thing to see a guy play on TV, but its quite another when you're watching him play 20 feet away from you. His respect for DD will grow as the two compete throughout training camp, and keep in mind that Morency is trying to earn the veterans respect as well as the coaching staff. If he came in with the mindset that there was no way he could unseat DD as the starter, or came in looking to only compete for the #2 spot on the depth chart at RB other players and coaches wouldn't have much respect for him. On the other hand if he comes in and feels he's capable of challenging for the starting spot, and he competes at a starter quality during training camp and the pre-season then the coaches and players will have more respect for him. He has to earn respect just like any other rookie. By him vocalizing it he's just being honest about his ambitions. Doesn't make him a bad guy. Some players are just more vocal than others. In a way he's just stating the obvious, and I'm sure TJ and Mathis feel the same way but perhaps they just motivate themselves in less vocal ways.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote