View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Gosselin's 2nd Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
And now Kiper is saying that Freeman is a second round prospect.

All this "stock" stuff is BS. A guy's talent and ability does not change drastically during the period between the combine and the draft. Only your perception of it does. When I see a "draftnik" that is constantly changing up his big board this late it tells me that he doesn't scout the players. He is going off of other people's opinions.

I've had Freeman as a second round prospect since day one. The only changes you will see me making to my draft board this late is for small school guys that I don't get to watch because I don't have access to their game tapes.
I agree with you on the 'stock' stuff. A 3rd round talent isn't all of a sudden a 1st round talent because of their offseason stuff. They've been that 1st round talent all along. It's just people's perceptions/getting to know more about the player/etc. that changes.

At the end of the day, all that matters is how the teams view these players, not the draftniks and fans.

A prospect's stock is fairly similar to a company's stock, but not quite exact. The player's height/weight, athleticism, etc. + their play on the field, character off the field, etc. are just like companies releasing quarterly/annual reports. What they do "on the field" and "on the books" effects what their "stock" does. The difference is that the 'market' that determines this stock isn't public... the teams determine this on an individual basis pertaining towards their team. Very rarely is there an 'overnight' jump in a players stock... it's gradual even though the casual fan doesn't see this.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote