View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ole Miss Texan's Wish List/Projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I agree with most of your thoughts. I'd be ok with Matthews late but would prefer either Ayers, Vontae Davis, Wells or Ron Brace. I'm ok with Wood only if we pick up a FS say at 4th (Sherrod Martin). Jennings is my guy.
As you can see most of these guys are off this particular wish list.
Vontae Davis has attitude problems and doesn't take to coaching well. I'll pass.
Robert Ayers is a guy I like a lot. Could get a similar tag like Matthews- wasn't a starter till his senior year. I was a big suppporter of trading down and taking him but then we signed Antonio Smith. He'd come in as a situational pass rusher but have the ability to develop into an every down DE, probably once Smith's contract is up. That could be good planning. However, in the past he's been charged for aggravated assault so he doesn't fit the boy scout bill.
Beanie Wells is a guy I'm starting to like a little more. I still see better value at RB a little later. No guarantee at all we get Jennings in the 3rd but that's what I'm hoping for. Wells has a history of injuries but hopefully none are recurring.
Ron Brace is a one dimensional NT- run stopper only and only a two down player. I don't want to target that in the 1st round. Stopping the run is important though and Brace is awesome at that. For true value from this perspective I'd rather look at it later in the draft than the 1st.
Sherrod Martin- he's a CB/S tweener guy that I would definitely be interested in during the middle rounds. May have some durability concerns. I have not heard/read any negatives about his character/work ethic so that's good.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote