View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ole Miss Texan's Wish List/Projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. Matthews, NO. This has been discussed to death.
2. Wood, I like this pick.
2. Casey, Why would we pick a TE in the 2nd round when we already have a Pro Bowl TE, Owen Daniels.
3. Jennings, good player, good pick.
4. Mitchell, we could pick up this guy as an UDFA, why waste a 4th on him.
5. Williams, good pick we need a rotational DE.
6. Cosby, we don't need a WR we've already got quality and depth at WR.
7. McDonald, I don't know anything about this guy, but a rotational DT's not bad.

We've got a good Offense, we need those early picks for Defense.
1. I get it- you don't like Matthews. No problem but at least you may like the trade down
2. Casey- he's kind of the "hot" prospect right now, being the local guy and so versatile. He's a guy that's most likely going to go earlier than we should really be looking for him. He'd just add another deminsion to our offense that I think could make it even more successful.
4. See comments in post above about Mitchell. Doubt he goes undrafted. But I'll concur, 4th could be too early. How many people had Owen Daniels on their radar for us in the 4th?
6. Kubiak's going to get WRs to come in for competition. I guess we got guys on the PS and we'll bring some undrafted guys in. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a WR/KR/PR type of guy this late in the draft... but to each their own.

Totally agree I went more offense than I really wanted to, but that's where some of the guys are that I like.
On defense we brought in Antonio Smith and Shaun Cody for the DL... in the draft "we add" Williams as a pass rusher and McDonald as a rotational DT. DL checked off.
For linebackers, we brought in Cato June who I see as contributing for our team, and buster davis- borderline backup/practice squad/cut guy. We add Matthews (who you don't like) so we've got Demeco, Adibi, Matthews, June, Bentley, Diles, Thompson, Davis- that's a lot to fill up the roster.
Secondary- I didn't address CB which I wanted to. The 54th pick is the only early pick left as I wanted Matthews, Wood and Jennings. Don't know if A.Smith/Moore will be there. Got the Safety in the 4th, which could be a round or two early. Wilson, Ferguson, Barber, Harrison + Mitchell. Mitchell is a guy to groom in there. Reeves, Bennett, Molden plus Dunta. With no CB addressed let's hope we re-sign Dunta.

Thanks for the input. Casey seems like a "good guy" that fits on the team- that's what I'm going for with this draft. I don't know enough about DJ Moore and his personality/character. So I don't want to plug a need in if I don't know much about the player. With that said.. He's a slot Corner that could play Slot WR and take over Return duties on special teams. That would free up the WR/PR pick later on in the draft. But again, I don't know if Moore is a leader/good guy or if he's a problem guy (no reports). That's something interviews could help with. If he's a go then that addresses the secondary plus return duties (two possible needs, imo)
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 04-15-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote