View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Site Donation FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
So in other words, the Texans were cool in giving us the official MB board history to here so we could continue it and replace the aging MB that was the old TT.com.

And the Titans created some lame face book page, and the only way their official board could save itself was to ask for help of a cool Texan fan.

Dogs and cats living together indeed!

Seems to me that this is yet another illustration of how little concern Bud Adams and his organization has to its most dedicated fans. They can only hope that this is the worst of it. I've never really hated Titan fans--usually I just feel sorry for them because Bud is their owner. Man cares little about the fans other than lining his own pocketbooks.

Contributors are cool.
I worked very, very hard on that migration and it almost didn't get done but it was a pretty unique situation (fan leadership negotiating with the official site leadership on this) but the Texans, the Texans web developer, Nick and our fans have zero disconnect and are all on the same page. Nick Schenck deserves all the credit and he really has the fans interest at heart and it isn't 'just a job' for Nick. Nick gave me his ear and let me build a case for the fans and to his credit we were able to keep our little fan society together and actually strengthen it as Kevin came into the picture with texanstalk.com. I worked with the Titans web development company for a few years also (they used to be the Texans web development team as well) and they were not as enthusiastic about the fan side of their product. I'm really proud of the fans as well as the Texans internet management team as everyone (especially Kevin) was helpful in making this happen.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote