View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009   #30
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You know why there is a hole at the top of the new Texas Stadium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Have you not heard of the "Wright Amendment" named after former Speaker-of-the-House James Wright ? Those 2 cities battles over that for literally decades.
But the Bass family is I suppose old money ?
I'm not sure who you were talking to on this one or if the response was meant for me. The Bass family is family made older money. But those of us who grew up in Ft. Worth...23 years.. know that the areas of town like Westover Hills and other West Side areas is full of old school socialites from oil money and old time family money. Dallas has alot more $30,000 credit card millionaires. Of course my sister lives in University Park/Highland Park and I love she and her friends, etc. But alot of it is new money and I still find the scenery better and the people friendlier in Ft. Worth. Plus you have TCU and its surrounding area so it is a great college town. SMU is basically just University Park. The Wright Amendment was more for Southwest and Love Field than that big of a city battle. I just know that most of us from Ft. Worth hate the fact that people combine the two and say..."so how was Dallas when you were there?"

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 04-15-2009 at 03:31 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote