View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009   #32
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you pick at 15 in this mock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I disagree with your basic assumptions.

I disagree that it takes some special QB to get to the Super Bowl and I disagree that Matt Schaub isn't good enough to get us to the Super Bowl.

If Matt can stay healthy, he's one of the better QB's in the league right now and he's in an offense that will allow him to flourish.

A lot of non-great QB's have made it to the Super Bowl. At least one non-great QB is considered great because his team took him to multiple Super Bowl victories. QB's frequently get credit for victories that's undeserved. Football is a team sport and there's a lot to be said for being the right guy at the right time in the right place.
Difference is a great defense carried crap QBs to Super Bowls. The Texans aren't a defensive team and never will be. Offense will be what wins the Texans any gold, with adequate defense holding on just enough to get the win.

If you're an offensive team, you need the star QB. I couldn't tell you if Schaub or Stafford are that guy but game managers don't take offensive powerhouses to the promised land
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote