View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009   #28
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you pick at 15 in this mock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krocket View Post
Of course you are free to disagree, but I still believe I am right. Schaub has performed well between the 20's when he wasn't hurt, but he is not very good at taking it into the end-zone from inside the the 10 or coming from behind in the last two minutes. And there have been multiple QB's that have had those qualities over the last few years.

Team sport is correct, but the one person that can make a difference is the QB. Brady, Favre, Montanna, Young, Aikman, Elway, Marino, Bradshaw, Namath, and Staubach and the list goes on all had those qualities and they were all winners! There are teams that have won without a marquee QB, but they are few and far between. Eli Manning comes to mind immediately.

I just don't see Schaub falling into the HOF QB category.
Please name one game where Schaub failed to bring his team from behind in the last two minutes of a game. Schaub has never failed to erase a one-score deficit (or break a tie) in the last two minutes when he's had the chance with the Texans. (OK, there is one: against Indy in 2007, Schaub got the ball back with 13 seconds deep in our end trailing by 6.)

In his 20 starts, Schaub has notched no less than 4 long drives in the last two minutes to tie a game or take the lead: Miami in 2007 (to win), at Jax in 2008 (to force OT), Miami in 2008 (to win) and Green Bay in 2008 (to win). Each of those four drives started inside our own 20. In fact, there have only been two times in Schaub's Texan career--besides the Indy game noted above--where he got the ball within one score of the lead anytime in the fourth quarter and failed to bring the Texans to the tying/go-ahead score--first was at Cleveland in 2007 when we were down 17-10 and the second was Miami this past season down 21-20. On the other 10 or so drives where he got the ball in the fourth within a score of tying/leading, he got the points every single time.

Needless to say, I wouldn't take Stafford at #15. In this mock, I'd go Cushing/Matthews if the tests are indeed clean (the team will have this information) or Wells if they are not.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote