View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you pick at 15 in this mock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krocket View Post
Of course you are free to disagree, but I still believe I am right. Schaub has performed well between the 20's when he wasn't hurt, but he is not very good at taking it into the end-zone from inside the the 10 or coming from behind in the last two minutes. And there have been multiple QB's that have had those qualities over the last few years.

Team sport is correct, but the one person that can make a difference is the QB. Brady, Favre, Montanna, Young, Aikman, Elway, Marino, Bradshaw, Namath, and Staubach and the list goes on all had those qualities and they were all winners! There are teams that have won without a marquee QB, but they are few and far between. Eli Manning comes to mind immediately.

I just don't see Schaub falling into the HOF QB category.
Schaub has been clutch in the last two minutes. There have been several games where he's done what he needed to do to get us the score we needed at the end of games. Not that we've necessarily won all those games but you can't fault Schaub for the Jags loss last year. He did his part.

And you can take several of those HOFers that you've got there and if you go back, they weren't considered all that good the first couple of years of their careers OR they had serious issues. Bradshaw was crap until later in his career; he was lucky to be on one of the greatest teams ever. Staubach almost didn't keep his job. Marino was a great QB but he never won a SB. Namath had losing records his first couple of years and has a losing record over his career. Aikman won his SB's but statistically, he wasn't that great a QB. He never put up big numbers. He was on a great team.

If you look at guys that have made it to the Super Bowl, then you've got guys like Kerry Collins, Chris Chandelier, Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, Rex Grossman, Craig Morton, Joe Kapp, Drew Bledsoe, etc. Not exactly a murderers row.

I stand by my case that you don't have to be a great QB to get to the SB.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote