View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you pick at 15 in this mock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krocket View Post
Well, that is something for our well-paid scouting staff and F.O. to decide. Since IMO Schaub does not have the "IT" factor of the Major QB's of the last 20 years, I doubt that he can get us to and win the Super Bowl. If our staff believes Stafford has the tools and the demeanor to make a last minute drive to win the game as in the most recent Super Bowl with the Steelers then they would be remiss in their duty to pass him up. Of course, if they don't believe that way then trade away or pick someone else.

Captain Obvious says some 1st round QB's work out and some don't. What makes the difference are intangibles.
I disagree with your basic assumptions.

I disagree that it takes some special QB to get to the Super Bowl and I disagree that Matt Schaub isn't good enough to get us to the Super Bowl.

If Matt can stay healthy, he's one of the better QB's in the league right now and he's in an offense that will allow him to flourish.

A lot of non-great QB's have made it to the Super Bowl. At least one non-great QB is considered great because his team took him to multiple Super Bowl victories. QB's frequently get credit for victories that's undeserved. Football is a team sport and there's a lot to be said for being the right guy at the right time in the right place.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote