View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hottoddie's 3 Scenarios Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
That's why coaches get paid.

If the coaches cant develop two of the most talented atheletes they should be fired.

Give me talent any day and I will let the chips fall where they may.

This is the way the Patriots, Steelers ,Giants do the draft and they have had great results. They find players that have talent and put them in situautions where they can suceed.
I disagree. Those teams find guys who fit well into what they want to do on both sides of the ball. Harrison, current defensive MVP, went undrafted.

I agree with Beerlover both Sidbury and Barwin are promising athletes but this team doesn't have a surefire record of developing defensive talent. Maybe that changes under Bush,Kollar and Gibbs. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

I also think some people think we are ok on the OL and I disagree. We lack depth at guard and center. Both Brisiel and Myers are ok to start but, I don't think either is beyond upgrading. Both were ok in between the 20's but, IMO were suspect inside the redzone. I know alot of guys are banging the Ugner pick and I'm on board but if i am picking a guy at 21 to improve the line head and shoulders above Alex Mack is that guy.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote