Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Jenkins, good player and good pick. Where would you play him at CB or FS?
2. Sintim, good player but stiff. He'd be good against the run but lacks pass coverage ability that we'd need against TE's and RB's.
3. Baker, good player but why do we need another DT/NT we just signed Cody and have plenty of DT's.
4. Brown, great player and fits our system perfectly but unrealistic in the 4th, he'll probably go in the late 2nd round.
4. Melton, I don't know anything about him but feel there are bigger needs not yet addressed that need to be. Freeman will be gone by the 4th round as well, maybe late 2nd or early 3rd.
5. Shipley, good player but ridiculously short arms that may hurt him in the NFL, he'd upgrade our line and may play OG instead.
6. Pryor, good player but again why do we need another DT. Maybe as a rotational guy.
7. Bussey, I don't know anything about him but your right our O-line needs some upgrade and depth.
Overall ehhhhh, you didn't address SS at all and I think O-line should be addressed earlier.
the idea isn't to get just another body on the D line. we have those. the idea is to get a true NT and at 326ish Hampton fills the need (not to mention the fact that he ran a 5.02 which is ridiculous for his size).
also, just because we brought in Smith doesn't keep DE from being a legit need on our defense. we still need a pass rusher to keep pressure on which would also allow Bush to move Smith inside on passing downs. Melton fills this need.
lastly this draft isn't about who he hopes will be drafted, its who he THINKS will be drafted (he did the want one last time and we crucified him for it). and Smithiak LOVE this O-line, so don't expect to see an early pick used on an upgrade there.