View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009   #26
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper's Newest 4 Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
I remember right after the 2008 Draft, there were numerous mock drafts for 2009, and Fili Moala was in the top 10 on nearly all of them. I haven't paid attention to him at all this year, so I don't know if it's injuries or what, but he dropped off a looooong way for some reason, and that kinda scares me.
Lawrence Jackson and Sedrick Ellis both left the defensive line for the first round and we had poor replacements for them, with Clay Matthews finally getting to start at DE/OLB after the Oregon State debacle. Fili did a good job of holding up at the line and keeping blockers off Rey and Cush but didn't make many plays on his own.

Fili will be a great space-eater at DT in the NFL and could offer some beef next to Okoye. Ron Brace could work as well but he will be gone in the second round and probably doesn't have the burst needed for the Texans defense
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote