View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Sporting News 7-round Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The Sporting News Warroom posted their 7-rd mock draft.

Here are the selections the Texans are predicted to make:

1 (15) Malcolm Jenkins/CB/Ohio St.
2 (46) Darcel McBath/S/Tex. Tech.
3 (77) Ashlee Palmer/OLB/Ole Miss [I found it interesting that Max Unger was still on the board at this pt. He went to the 'Skins 3 picks later. Andre Brown went to the Cards late in this rd. I'd rather go with Brown or Unger here]
4 (112) Corvey Irvin/DT/Georgia
4 (122) Jaimie Thomas/OG/Maryland
5 (152) Mitch King/DE/Iowa
6 (188) Will Davis/DE?Illinois [back-to-back DE selections?? Mel, is that you?]
7 (223) Kevin Ogletree/WR/U.Va. [and we need a WR becaaaaause...? This is where I'd take a flyer on a project QB]

Don't like it myself. Eight picks and not a RB to be seen.
I'm fine with Malcolm Jenkins in the first.

This is WAY too early for Darcel McBath, Corey Irvin, and Jaimie Thomas.

I don't know much about Mitch King or Will Davis but those look like a OK picks from my board but I question making them one after the other.

I honestly don't even have Ashlee Palmer on my board.

I would be very surprised if Ogletree is around in the 7th. In our mock, he went at 164 and that might have been too late. I'd be happy with that.

(Although, let me say, I'm basing this off my board which is a conglomeration of several internet boards and of course, it could be just as wrong as the board the Sporting News is using. I'll probably add the Sporting News board into mine.)

But there's no way we don't pick up a running back in this draft. I don't think this guy knew much about the Texans.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote