View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SF49erFaithful's Mock w/ Explanations for every pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Butler is a reach at #15 and I'm not confident that his performance at UConn can translate to success at the NFL level. First of all, he is shorter then most CBs in the league at 5'10", some say he is actually 5'8" or 5'9". He has some technique issues and durability is a legit concern. He also allows to much seperation between him and the WR and struggles with his backpedal at times.

Don't get me wrong...with the right system and team he can become a solid CB but I don't think he is Pro Bowl/All-Pro material and I don't expect him to come off the board untill the late 2nd round or early 3rd.
Prepare to be shocked then.

While Butler may very well be a reach in the first I'm pretty confident he won't make it into the second. Whatever his faults may be, just like Vontae Davis, his athleticism will be too much to pass up.

His height isn't an issue to me either. With his 43 inch vertical (second best out of the entire combine), he has a better shot at high passes than all the bigger CBs in this class anyway. He plays taller than he really is. I like that.

Last edited by bah007; 04-10-2009 at 12:01 AM.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote