View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009   #14
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops Mock april 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I really think we are going to end up tradding down 5 or 7 spots. This is my latest mock with that in mind.

2009 Picks:
Round 1, Selection 20 Clay Matthews - USC
Round 2, Selection 14 Max Unger, OL, Oregon
Round 3, Selection 13 Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty
Round 3, Selection 18 (From Detroit) Tyrone McKenzie, OLB, South Florida
Round 4, Selection 12 Victor Harris, CB Virginia Tech
Round 4, Selection 22 (From Minnesota) Emanuel Cook SS South Carolina
Round 5, Selection 16 Roy Miller, Texas OR Vance Walker, Georgia Tech
Round 6, Selection 15 Greg Isdaner - West Virginia
Round 7, Selection 14 Kaluka Maivia - USC

I know some will say that Unger wont be there in round 2 but Im banking on teams taking bigger more physical OL early leaving the versitle fleet footed Unger who is better suited for a ZB scheme still there at our pick.

I know that 3 LB's seems like overkill considering we just signed June and Davis in FA but neither are legitamate long term answers IMO. With an aggressive gap shooting front four we are going to have to have very aggressive physical LB's that are capable of making plays all over the feild. This physical style will no doubt lead to injuries so having solid depth will be paramount.

In fact I would say that LB is going to be the most important position on defense if we really are going to be a pressure defense.
Here's my mock with your trade in mind... By the way, I agree that we need to trade down. Even if we don't get great value, let's do it! I'm actually going to add a 2nd trade down: with NE, we give them #20 and our 5th round pick and we get #34 and #47...

34. Sean Smith
46. Eric Wood/or Unger/or Mack
47. Cint Sintim
72. Rashod Jennings
77. Asher Allen
112. David Bruton
122. Terrence Taylor
6th. Javaris Williams
7th. Jeremiah Johnson

Sean Smith is a freakish athlete that can play CB or FS. Then we get a C/G combo to compete with Myers and provide much better depth than Kasey Studdard. Clint Sintim is an excellent football player than can play SLB or lineup at DE on pass downs. Rashod Jennings or Shonn Greene make a lot of sense as more of a short yardage option at RB. I think Asher Allen is an excellent CB prospect who can give us some flexibility with the Dunta situation. Then, David Bruton would be great as a SS that has enough speed to play over the top on occasion. Terrence Taylor can compete with Okam for a bigger DT to come in on short yardage. Javaris Williams has very good tools as an all-around RB. Jeremiah Johnson is more of a scat back and return guy that was very productive in college.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote