View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 52681 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Complete Seven Round Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLRoughDraft View Post
Sorry guys, I didn't mean for this to be spam. I received some great insight from this forum last year. You can feel free to delete the post if you'd like.
I just looked at it and think it was pretty accurately. A few things though:

1. Dunta doesn't have a problem staying healthy. In his career, he's only had one injury that has kept him off the field. He had his hamstring and ACL repaired from the injury and should be 100% now. That being said, he turned down a very generous contract extension so he may be gone after this season anyway, so a CB like A.Smith does make some sense.

2. Behind Slaton, we don't have anyone that belongs on an active NFL roster. I'm pretty sure that the Texans will come out of the draft with 2 RBs... I think Rashod Jennings does make sense for them in round 3.

3. They surely will also be drafting a C/G. The Texans have zero depth behind their starters and will want to groom another guy while AGibbs is still on the staff.

Other than that, your mock makes a lot of sense. I would note that I think it is very likely that the Texans trade down in the 1st round, even if they don't get a great deal.

for the board, here are the 1st 5 rounds:
Cushing
Alphonso Smith
Rashod Jennings
M. Hamlin
Massaquoa
Terrance Taylor
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote