View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops Mock april 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. Matthews, NO.
2. Unger, I think he'll go earlier but if he's still there we run to the podium for this pick.
3. Jennings, good pick but I'd rather have Andre Brown if still available.
3. McKenzie, good pick in time he'll be a good SLB, he plays the run well but his pass coverage ability is lacking.
4. Harris, I'm tired of mid round CB's but if we did go CB here Mark Parson is better in man coverage.
4. Cook, CB/SS tweener, I'd rather have a better SS earlier but not a bad pick if still on the board.
5. Miller/Walker, I think we've got plenty of DT's.
6. Isdaner, good pick since they run the ZBS at WV.
7. Maiava, he's small and slow and we don't need another WLB.

Good picks at 2, 3a, 3b, 4b, and 6. 4a is ehhhh.
I dont understand why Harris dont get more love than what he gets. The guy is a straight up playmaker. The way he tackles and comes up in run support is Daunte esk. I love the guy and if he is available in the 4th ill cry if we pass him. Especially for a guy that probably wont get drafted.

Dont know where you got Cook is a SS/ CB tweener. He never played CB that I know of. He is another palymaker to add to our backend. I want players that that create turnovers and who are solid tacklers.

We might have plenty of DT's but we were one of the worst teams in the NFL at stopping the run last year. The only thing we have changed so far is adding Smith a DE and Cody who hasnt really done a whole lot since coming into the NFL. Id like to see us add at least one more DT if for nothing else just to add more competition to to the mix. Both the player I suggested are high intensity types.