View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009   #12
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
When comparing tho you need to throw in Slaton which changes things a bit.
Well, I was comparing after the trade down (which netted Slaton). After the trade down, the Texans picked right before the Chargers. This year (assuming no trades), the Texans will pick right before the Chargers. It would be pretty interesting if the picks really were Jenkins (who I like - don't get me wrong) and Oher (who I also like), seeing as how we would have basically flipped picks from last year. It really would set up a comparison as to which team got the better LT/CB combination.

Quote:
When speaking of Jenkins.... I am wondering. Would he start right away? Would he start at all this year? Immediately start at Safety? Everyone in the organization pretty much stated whom ever we take first needs to start and needs to be an impact player. Tho that could have changed after FA signing,etc.
There are lots of possibilities, but I'm guessing most don't have him starting day 1. I could see him coming in at Safety, but the transition would probably keep him from starting day 1. If he stays at CB, I think there's a decent chance he passes Reeves (and Molden, and Bennett) for a starting slot, but again, not by day 1. Plus, to me Dunta is still a bit of a "?", both in terms of whether he'll really be here (i.e. get traded) and how close he will be to his old self.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote