View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: my mock draft for texans no linebacker 1st round

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
SlatonisaBeast, I too would like to thank you for at least putting forth the effort to put together a mock. I'm too lazy to do one myself, though I get the urge to do so every now and then.

So, at least you aren't as lazy as I am.

Slaton is our starter. You do not draft a back up in the first round, unless you're the New Orleans Saints, and have no idea what to do with that pick.

I think you are on the right track, you want a starter with that first pick. In your mind, where do we most desperately need a starter?

If you are asking me, I approach it from this perspective: Where do we not need a starter? I would say we absolutely don't need a starting RB, QB, WR, TE, K,P. We could use another DE, DT,CB, OLB, FS,SS, OC. Perhaps we could get an OT and shift Brown to OG. I think we don't have a desperate need at FS (though I would like to upgrade there). So lets say, DE, DT, CB, OLB, SS and OC are places we could use a starter. It comes down to who is the BPA for us. I fully expect us to try to trade down, so it depends how far and where we end up. I would not be surprised if we traded completely out of the first round. There is very little difference in talent between selection 20 and 40 this year. So, it basically depends on who is available in those spots. Of course, if we trade out of the first, we might go SS in round 2 (with our first pick) or even rb!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote