Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Smith, love this pick, possibly the best man cover CB in the draft along with Darius Butler. Great pick and gives us leverage with Dunta.
2. Johnson, love the player but question the pick since we've got Wilson as starting FS and the 2nd round is too early to be taking backups at any position.
3. Hamlin, love this pick, good SS especially in pass coverage which is what we need.
4. Ringer, ehhhhh, right position wrong player. I'd rather have James Davis but Ringers not a bad pick.
4. McRath, great pick but I doubt he's still available in the late 4th, super value if he still is though.
5. Miller, I don't know much about him but the little I've read is positive.
6. Levy, great pick and value if he's still available but I doubt he's still there in the 6th.
7. Vollmer, I don't know much about him but he definetly fills a need.
Overall very good draft but I think FS in the 2nd is to early for a backup and there's no interior O-line help. The 2nd or 3rd round would be a good place for a C/G. McRath and Levy would both be great picks if we could pull that off.
I think Wilson is just an ok starter who the Texans overpaid to keep. Last year was his first multiple INT year since 2004, and he came here after not being able to make the Bucs roster as their 5th corner. I think he would end up as Johnson's backup, and insurance in case of injury at safety/corner. At 29, on a three year deal without a lot of guaranteed money he's probably going to be cut in a year or two anyways. I'd rather grab a guy I think can be here playing at a Pro Bowl level for the next 7-10years while I have the opportunity.