Thread: 3 round mock
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 round mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'd have no problem with these Texans picks, though I think Sean Smith will go earlier. It would be a definite improvement in our secondary and fill one of our biggest needs (SLB).
Yeah, he probably will go before our 2nd round pick. St Louis is probably the only team picking in the 2nd ahead of the Texans that I would consider changing their pick to Smith though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Shoot give me

Matthews
D Brown
Tyrone McKenzie

int the first three rounds and Ill wet my pants.
In my last mock I had the Texans picking Cushing & Mccoy in the first two rounds. I wanted this mock to be a little different then my last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Hell yea, that's what I'm talking about... I'd wet your pants too.
C. Matthews or A. Smith
D. Brown or R. Johnson
T. McKenzie or S. Greene

Although isn't McKenzie more of a WLB? I'd rather upgrade the Sam position but I'm having trouble finding them after Matthews/Cushing.

Great effort though JCTexan. I like that your giving more props to Oher than most people do. I have a feeling he's going to go 2 spots before us like Albert did last year (if not earlier).
Thanks. I like Alphonso Smith & Rashad Johnson. I thought about both of them in this mock instead of Davis & Smith. I like the fact that A. Smith is a ball-hawk, but I would want to trade back if the Texans targeted Smith in the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Sooner or later some of the DBs they have has to step up. what this draft just told me....you have no hope of that ever happening. Further , Daunta Robinson is not in there future pans......I have seen nothing so far which would suggest this is true.
Yeah, the DB's need to step up. The only thing this draft should tell you, is I have no hope of Dunta re-signing with the Texans. He's upset with being franchised & wants way more money then the Texans are willing to give him. Drafting Davis (or A. Smith) in the first to be his replacement is something I wouldn't mind the Texans doing. The Texans also haven't ever had a ball-hawk safety & drafting Sean Smith would give them that.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote