View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009   #23
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Goat's Early April Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Not a huge fan of spending your 1st 3 picks on a weak class of DBs. I like the Alphonso Smith pick, I even like the Rashad Johnson pick, but getting Hamlin in the 3rd is just overkill.

The coaches are high on Domonique Barber and we just resigned Nick Ferguson. That pick would be better used on a RB/C/DE/OLB imo.

Otherwise, good mock!!!
If Sidbury is still hanging around in the 3rd I'd probably go with him over Hamlin. I see him going late second-early third though.

Chris Baker is still a possibility there, but they already have Okoye, Johnson, Cody, Robinson, and Okam, with Smith rotating inside on passing downs.

I see Brown, Greene, and maybe Jennings being gone by the time we pick. My next rated RB is Ringer who I took in the 4th.

Luigs is the only C I see going in the third. He got pushed around at the senior bowl, and lacks the kind of strength/power that everyone wants in the middle of the Texans line. I could see us taking him on his potential, but I don't think he'll be an immediate upgrade over Myers.

I don't know what the coaches saw in Barber that makes them happy, but I clearly missed it. Ferguson is a stop gap as a starter, and isn't strong in coverage, or much of a playmaker.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote