View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009   #19
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Goat's Early April Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I love both your first 2 picks. Alphonso Smith looks to be a good one. Saw a piece on him saying in college he actually sat in on QB meetings to see what the QB's looked for on tape.

I honestly think we are looking at bigger backs to draft. Not sure Ringer fits into that. But, you never know...
Definitely agree on Smith. You see a lot of corners who watch the QB to try and find out what he's going to do, but at times Smith just seems to already know. I also love the way he often runs the route better than the receiver he's covering.

I think the Texans would love to have a bigger back, but unless they take one early or spend multiple picks I don't see one that I would want starting as a rookie. That's why I went with Ringer. He could step in right away and give you everything Slaton does as a starter except his break away speed. The big backs in that range don't strike me as really dynamic, and teams will be able to shut them down more easily if they're the feature back.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote