Thread: Walter's again
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009   #30
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
He ran a sub 4.7 at his pro day on fieldturf, and plays faster than he times. Football speed > track speed.

There's no reason JL can't play any LB spot in the 4-3. He can cover, blitz, and stuff the run. What more can you ask from a guy? I don't think he's physical enough to play inside in a 3-4 with less protection from the DTs. He can take on blockers, but isn't eager to do so. Playing over the A gap he's going to be doing that a lot.

I think we have our starting OLBs. Just pointing out that if we're serious about taking one in the first then I'd rather take the guy who's had a monster career, and the skill set to be a 4-3 linebacker over the 3-4 OLBs from USCs 4-3/3-4 pseudo-hybrid.
I agree that Laurenitis could play OLB. He has to be in consideration. I have been saying this for weeks.