Thread: Walter's again
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009   #29
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's again

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
That's why most folks have him & his 4.80 projected inside ....in both schemes ? Mind boggling.
He ran a sub 4.7 at his pro day on fieldturf, and plays faster than he times. Football speed > track speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
So are we going to take Laurinaitis to replace Demeco or Adibi? I thought most of us that were looking for an OLB were looking for a SLB. Laurinaitis and Maualuga don't really fit that bill. Matthews is being talked about because, supposedly he is the most likely to fit that role the best.

I wouldn't doubt Laurinaitis could have success in the NFL (definitely found it in college) but I would be very skeptical of him having success at SLB for our team.

I see Laurinaitis going to one of the 3-4 teams but seriously, how many LBs are these teams going to have to pick!!? Maybe he's a MLB/WLB in the 4-3. I'd rather sign Cato June to battle Adibi and not have to worry about this position in the draft. Focus it elsewhere.
There's no reason JL can't play any LB spot in the 4-3. He can cover, blitz, and stuff the run. What more can you ask from a guy? I don't think he's physical enough to play inside in a 3-4 with less protection from the DTs. He can take on blockers, but isn't eager to do so. Playing over the A gap he's going to be doing that a lot.

I think we have our starting OLBs. Just pointing out that if we're serious about taking one in the first then I'd rather take the guy who's had a monster career, and the skill set to be a 4-3 linebacker over the 3-4 OLBs from USCs 4-3/3-4 pseudo-hybrid.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote