View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Goat's Early April Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm not against Butler, but I think he has some holes in his game. He lets receivers get too much separation, and never seems to make real impact plays. In 4 years of college he has 19 passes defensed, and 7 INTs. Smith had 40 PD and 21 INTs over the same period, with 4 TDs. He also forced 7 fumbles.

Something the defense didn't do enough of last year was force turnovers. That's something that Smith, Johnson, and Hamlin would quickly rectify. Those 3 guys combined for 18 INTs last year. Those type of plays can change the course of a season.
I totally dissagree with youre assesment of Butler. Stats can be decieving. Most teams stayed away from him because he was such a playmaker. Everytime I watched Butler he made big plays. Dont get me wrong I like A Smith too I just think Butler is better and has better tools to work with.