View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Goat's Early April Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Not bad I wouldnt be upset with this draft. I would rather have D Butler at 15 than Alphonso Smith. IMO he is the second best DB in this draft. I know a lot of people will dissagree with me on tht one.
I'm not against Butler, but I think he has some holes in his game. He lets receivers get too much separation, and never seems to make real impact plays. In 4 years of college he has 19 passes defensed, and 7 INTs. Smith had 40 PD and 21 INTs over the same period, with 4 TDs. He also forced 7 fumbles.

Something the defense didn't do enough of last year was force turnovers. That's something that Smith, Johnson, and Hamlin would quickly rectify. Those 3 guys combined for 18 INTs last year. Those type of plays can change the course of a season.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote