View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009   #337
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
One key "weakness" I see with the Colts is on defense, especially at the DT position. They have undersized DTs (considering they run a Tampa 2, I guess its not all about size) but I still think they should get a BIG run-stuffer or someone that eats space. Here's who I suggest...my personal favorites are in bold and I have included other defensive players I would suggest...
I disagree.

The Tampa 2 defense depends on four quick linemen that can get to the QB without help from a blitz, allowing seven guys to stay in coverage.

This leaves a weakness to the power running game, but a 4th round DT isn't going to solve that.

I would pick from Alex Magee, Vance Walker, Roy Miller, or Myron Pryor. These guys are all DT's who are stout against the run but not overpowering. Their real value lies in that they can win one on one match ups and rush the passer.

If you get a big run stuffer then you are essentially changing the style of the defense because you are going to have to blitz in passing situations or you think you can get to the QB with three guys.

A 4th round DT isn't going to make a big enough difference against the run to cancel out what he lacks in pass rush.

This is why I think the Colts pretty much have to get either Raji, Jerry, or Hood in the first two rounds.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote