View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009   #321
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Actually I would be interested to hear it if you wouldn't mind posting it. As I said above I really like Pegues and to be honest he seems to fit the Ravens defense perfectly.
I considered him for the Packers pick I took over, but I just thought Andre Brown was such a good value, and a slightly bigger need for GB.

FS Derek Pegues, Mississippi State
It's never too early to plan for the post-Ed Reed future. Reed will be 31 in September, and probably still has some very good years left, but as a defense-first team, the Ravens can't pass on what I think is a tremendous value here in Derek Pegues. Yes, Nakamura is a solid backup to Reed, but I think there's room for improvement there, and Nakamura is best suited to coming off the bench from what I read, so I'm not sure he would have been a lock to take over the starting spot once Reed is done. Pegues simply has more playmaking potential, and he's also a good punt returner who could cover for Chris Carr if he goes down or isn't effective.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote