View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009   #43
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166409 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I can see the argument, but Maualuga doesn't exactly have great stats either.

Pile Jumper had 130 tackles on a top 15 defense.
That's fine. I just wanted to see how you compared the two statistically. Nobody on USC's defense had great stats, IMO.

Quote:
Can't say I'd be too excited about him as a 2009 prospect except his size and athleticism. He needs to show he can be a play-maker. Since he went back to school I'm guessing he heard the same from his advisers.
That's essentially the same thing I posted when he chose to go back to school. You watch the USC games and Mays just never shows up anywhere. I know he plays deep safety for them in some of their coverages, but I think he has performed below his talent level thus far.

Quote:
USC had a great defense. A case of the whole being more than the sum of it's parts. Cushing, and Maualuga are good, but not great college players that I don't think will be more than quality starters in the NFL. Mays has great potential, but certainly isn't great yet.
Agreed in full. Good discussion.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote