View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009   #43
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I can see the argument, but Maualuga doesn't exactly have great stats either.

Pile Jumper had 130 tackles on a top 15 defense.
That's fine. I just wanted to see how you compared the two statistically. Nobody on USC's defense had great stats, IMO.

Quote:
Can't say I'd be too excited about him as a 2009 prospect except his size and athleticism. He needs to show he can be a play-maker. Since he went back to school I'm guessing he heard the same from his advisers.
That's essentially the same thing I posted when he chose to go back to school. You watch the USC games and Mays just never shows up anywhere. I know he plays deep safety for them in some of their coverages, but I think he has performed below his talent level thus far.

Quote:
USC had a great defense. A case of the whole being more than the sum of it's parts. Cushing, and Maualuga are good, but not great college players that I don't think will be more than quality starters in the NFL. Mays has great potential, but certainly isn't great yet.
Agreed in full. Good discussion.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote