View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009   #42
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Only tackles matter? Mathews had 6.5 more TFL, 4.5 more sacks, and 2 more FF. I would argue that despite the tackles, Mathews was more productive.
I can see the argument, but Maualuga doesn't exactly have great stats either.

Pile Jumper had 130 tackles on a top 15 defense.

Quote:
Lots of people, especially on this board. A lot of people here wanted him, but didn't think he would make it to 15.
Can't say I'd be too excited about him as a 2009 prospect except his size and athleticism. He needs to show he can be a play-maker. Since he went back to school I'm guessing he heard the same from his advisers.

Quote:
So USC didn't have a great defense? Or Cushing, Mays, and Maualuga aren't great players?
USC had a great defense. A case of the whole being more than the sum of it's parts. Cushing, and Maualuga are good, but not great college players that I don't think will be more than quality starters in the NFL. Mays has great potential, but certainly isn't great yet.

Quote:
I'm not advocating that Mathews should be our #1 choice in the first round. But I don't think we should throw out the possibility that he might be.
I'd prefer that they did. Not just because I think he's an early-mid second 3-4 linebacker, but because I don't see how he's an upgrade over Diles.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote