View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009   #38
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If I had to make the choice I would take Barwin & his 4.47 40 over Matthews.

I like Matthews alot though & wouldn't be disappointed if he was the choice @ 15.
"One of the Bearcats’ top prospects this year is DE/TE Connor Barwin (6-3 7/8, 251 pounds). He’s a unique prospect in that he played tight end two years ago before switching to defensive end last season, where he earned an all-conference nod. He ran identical times of 4.50 in two tries in the 40-yard dash, and put up 23 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. Barwin otherwise stood on his numbers from the combine."
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/
I dunno, but I might be with you on this one steelbtexan ?
And people say Matthews is versitle, but Barwin is infinitely more versitle. He can play on "both sides of the ball", not just multiple positions.
And we still need another edge rusher besides Mario, FA pickup Antonio Smith is no such thing. All reports indicate he won't even be playing on the edge in passing situations ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote