View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009   #253
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Then what do you do to address the huge hole in the middle of our defense?

First off I think our ability (or inability) to stop the run was a result of poor phylosophy more than lack of personnel. TJ hasnt set the world on fire for sure but the guy has been missused more than any other player in the history of our franchise. Hell all of our DL have been miss used since RS has been here. Engage, read and react? I get sick to my stomach just thinking about that. I fully expect our DL to perform much better this year just by changing that ridiculous aproach.

Also as I stated before I dont think Taylor will amount to anything more than end of the rotation depth in the NFL. I undrstand if you think different. Everyone has a their opinions and there is no way for us amature draftnicks to really know the true value of these players like we would like.

Even if I liked his potential I dont think I would of gone DT at this point. IMO there are still several evenly talented DT's available. One of them should be available to us later. Cook and Vaughn were at the top of my board by a long shot and both fill a need IMO. I highly doubt Barber is a long term answer. More like an adequate fill in until he can be replaced.