View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009   #29
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
To me, this sounds like an argument to have picked Bush over Williams...

I get what you're saying, but I just don't think it's that exact of a science.
To an extent. I think he is arguing for a more through examination of each potential prospect on an individual basis. Bush was used in tandem and was off the field in crucial situations. He also didn't run inside the tackles on a consistent basis. A general view of the tape could produce something like a highlight reel (what most fans look at) while completely covering his major flaws that have still held true.

In a similar fashion, Young (who should have been the best pick based on production on the field) had great highlights. However, instead of just watching the game, I think that Beerlover is suggesting that we take a closer look at the prospects current state of development vs. the norm. In Vince's case, he had very poor mechanics and a weak arm running from a shotgun offense to hide his flaws. Just by watching his tape, he was a winner who produced numbers. Examining it further, you could see he was a ways off as a prospect compared to an accepted norm. That's what I got out of that post mostly.