View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm not getting the Mathews man crush.

He played in 13 games and had just 56 tackles, and 4.5 sacks.

It doesn't seem to me that he really does anything well, just a lot of things ok. He has just decent straight line speed, and below average athleticism. He isn't very agile, and struggles in coverage. He lacks ball skills. People are calling him an overachiever. If 56 tackles is overachieving... yikes.

For him to utilize his strengths their max potential he will need to play as a 3-4 linebacker. Preferably in a scheme that doesn't ask him to cover anybody 1-on-1.

The only thing he really does well is try hard. That's just not good enough to be a first round pick.

THank you Goat Cheese and Beer Lover.

I just don't get this Mathews thing either. Sure the guy has some potential, but he hasn't done anything to warrant a first round pick. I don't want any part of this guy in the first round. Absolutely not. If he was there in the 2nd which he won't be, then I like that pick a lot but that won't happen. We need a guy that could for sure help this defense out this season and for a long time. If we don't get a guy like that then the only other player on offense I would want in the first with the 15th is Wells but I doubt that we'll do that either so I've got no idea what Kubiak and Smith will be doing. Just no Mathews please.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote