View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009   #173
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

With the 105th pick in the draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

Andre Brown, RB, NC State

To me, it's insanity that Brown is still on the board at this point.

The Packers sank money into Ryan Grant, but he kind of went bust in 2008, and he's FAR from locked in as their back of the future. Backup Brandon Jackson is capable - and a lot of people think he should get a shot to start ahead of Grant in 2009 - but there's too much uncertainty around this group to go with the status quo, and a free agent signing won't make enough of a difference.

I seriously considered FS Derek Pegues here for safety depth - but Andre Brown is by FAR the best player on my board right now, and I think he could really strengthen a questionable position for GB. I guess you could say I chose value over need - but with Ryan Grant at the top of the depth chart, I don't think it's far fetched to say that they might spend a 4th rounder on a RB.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote