View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009   #21
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I can't think of a past 1st round pick who has accomplished less in 4 seasons than Matthews. You can make a case that Matt Jones had zero experience for the job he was drafted for. But, Jones was a decent college QB. Matthews was a special teamer for 3 years prior to playing a season as a standup DE. He has minimal experience at LB.

Maybe Cushing has peaked. In that way, he reminds of former 1st round LBs Chad Greenway and Bobby Carpenter. But, how many 5th year Seniors are drafted on potential? There's nothing Matthews has done on the field that would warrant a 1st round pick.
In the Cushing thread I put the same thing,,,to be warned that he and Carpenter could be the same. I also agree on Cushing. To me you take a guy who played quality downs...no more "potential" picks.

As for Wes and your knowledge of General...he might know the landscape of the NFL and have his connections but I disagree completely on him knowing his stuff when it comes to Xs and Os. I think the game has passed him and most quotes concerning X's and O's are just passed down stories he repeats....such as the Texans not being able to blitz last year despite the last half of the season. JMO.