View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

I would say that Matthews does alot better job tackling than does Cushing. He also knows how to fight off blocks better.

The thing about Matthews is that we know he can make two positions stronger - OLB and Special Teams kick coverage. We didn't have a good coverage team last year. Now that's during his rookie season. I think he comes to the perfect fit because he doesn't have to come in right away. He can learn the game first. When I say he doesn't have to come in right away I mean he can come in mid to late season like Adibi did. We all know how that worked out.

The argument of saying that our current starters were not #1 picks needs to be thrown out the window. Every team has lower round picks starting at more than one position. Also this draft is nowhere near at talented as the past 3 drafts so you are going to have lesser talented guys going higher.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote